Having looked at the board, it's time to get into the performance side of things to see what's going on. From the testbed side of things there's nothing out of the ordinary that has to be covered, so instead we can just get into the overclocking side of things.
Getting into the BIOS, we start to mess around with our overclocking options a little. Since we had an FX-8150 die on us earlier last month when we did some overclocking, we've begun to go a little easier on it since then and just be really light on the voltages. It's meant that we haven't been able to overclock as high as we could when we originally looked at the FX-8150 in our Crosshair V Extreme, but we just don't want to risk losing it.
To find our maximum overclock, we just pushed our voltage to around the 1.45v mark and used our multiplier to see just how high we can get. As you can see below, we ended up with a final multiplier coming in at 22.5x.
Looking above, you can see that brings our final clock speed in at 4.515GHz or 4.52GHz as illustrated in our graphs. Considering this is a cheaper board, I was surprised to see such a strong overclock out of it still. Looking at the board itself, though, you can see we've got a very strong looking heatsink setup, so it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that the board was able to overclock well.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4