Having looked at the board, it's time to get into the performance side of things to see what's going on. From the testbed side of things there's nothing out of the ordinary that has to be covered, so instead we can just get into the overclocking side of things.
Getting into the BIOS, we start to mess around with our overclocking options a little. Since we had an FX-8150 die on us earlier last month when we did some overclocking, we've begun to go a little easier on it since then and just be really light on the voltages. It's meant that we haven't been able to overclock as high as we could when we originally looked at the FX-8150 in our Crosshair V Extreme, but we just don't want to risk losing it.
To find our maximum overclock, we just pushed our voltage to around the 1.45v mark and used our multiplier to see just how high we can get. As you can see below, we ended up with a final multiplier coming in at 22.5x.
Looking above, you can see that brings our final clock speed in at 4.515GHz or 4.52GHz as illustrated in our graphs. Considering this is a cheaper board, I was surprised to see such a strong overclock out of it still. Looking at the board itself, though, you can see we've got a very strong looking heatsink setup, so it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that the board was able to overclock well.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017