Having looked at the board, it's time to get into the performance side of things to see what's going on. From the testbed side of things there's nothing out of the ordinary that has to be covered, so instead we can just get into the overclocking side of things.
Getting into the BIOS, we start to mess around with our overclocking options a little. Since we had an FX-8150 die on us earlier last month when we did some overclocking, we've begun to go a little easier on it since then and just be really light on the voltages. It's meant that we haven't been able to overclock as high as we could when we originally looked at the FX-8150 in our Crosshair V Extreme, but we just don't want to risk losing it.
To find our maximum overclock, we just pushed our voltage to around the 1.45v mark and used our multiplier to see just how high we can get. As you can see below, we ended up with a final multiplier coming in at 22.5x.
Looking above, you can see that brings our final clock speed in at 4.515GHz or 4.52GHz as illustrated in our graphs. Considering this is a cheaper board, I was surprised to see such a strong overclock out of it still. Looking at the board itself, though, you can see we've got a very strong looking heatsink setup, so it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that the board was able to overclock well.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AIDA64 developers spill the beans on NVIDIA's full Pascal line up
- Foxconn has replaced more than half its workers with robots
- Usernames, media won't count toward Twitter character limit soon
- Wooting one analog mechanical keyboard hits Kickstarter
- Next-gen 4K-ready Xbox coming in 2017, could sport external GPU
- LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rack Review
- PC won't boot - it trys, all fans run for approx 5 secs then shut down and start again!
- Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center Review
- Fitbit Alta Fitness Wristband Review
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition