Moving onto the board itself, we can see that the overall design of the board is similar to Pro / Deluxe models we've seen before. We've got the darker colored PCB going on with the blue theme throughout the board. Considering the price of the board, it's not a bad color scheme and should look good within your case.
Moving in closer, we can see what's going on with our expansion slots. We've got two older legacy PCI slots on the right, two PCIe x1 slots and two PCIe x16 slots with one running at x16 and the other at x4.
One of the main differences between the AMD 970 chip that's used here over the 990X and 990FX is that we don't have support for SLI. Instead our only option for people who want to go down the multi card path is CrossFire. When you go with two cards, though, they will be running at x16 / x4 and that's probably not something you want.
Moving away from our expansion slots and to the bottom of the board, we've got our front audio panel header, FireWire, three USB 2.0 headers, COM1 header, front panel header on the far right and to the left of that, two SATA III ports.
Those two SATA III ports we saw on the bottom of the board in conjunction with the four SATA III ports here give us a total of six which all run off the SB950 south bridge. The positioning of two are a little weird as it does look like there's room around here to place them, but it's not really a big deal. Also around here we can see our little TPU switch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience