The Corsair Carbide Series Arctic White 500R Mid Tower Case
The front of the 500R is flanked on both sides with the Arctic White paint while the middle section is made up of the plastic I/O panel at the top with mesh running down the remainder, all of which is black.
The Front I/O has the power button and hard drive activity light on the left. In the middle there are two USB 3.0 ports, 3.5mm audio jacks, and an IEEE-1394 port. On the right there is the LED lighting switch and fan speed control switch above the small reset button.
The left side of the chase also gets the Arctic White paint. This time however, what once was a mesh punched out of the steel, the whole area has been removed to allow for this steel mesh insert that allows for a 200mm fan, a pair of 140mm fans, or a pair of 120mm fans to be installed behind it.
The back of the chassis is completely black, but with the edges of the door panels wrapping around it, it resembles the white stripes running down the front. Here you will find room for the rear I/O next to the exhaust fan that can also be 120mm or a 140mm fan. Below you run into the eight expansion slots next to the four grommets in holes that allow for tubing to pass through the chassis. The leaves the only spot left at the bottom to house the power supply.
The right side of the 500R shares the same bumped out design in the door panel as the left side. Where the left side is done to allow for 25mm fans to fit over coolers and graphics cards, this side the intention is to allow much more room for wires placed behind the motherboard tray.
At the top of the 500r, the front of it offers a good sized area to set your phone, keys, anything you can think of really. Behind the tray is a long mesh panel that allows for the optional fans, or those of the H100 to breathe from inside the chassis.
This panel is removable to allow you to either set a really thin radiator in here, or more what it is designed for, use the 25mm of spacing for fans, either 120mm or 140mm. To replace or remove the mesh top, just press on it near the tray at the front. A spring loaded release will allow its removal, and also with another press, lock it back into position.
Under the 500R there are large, chunky, rubber feet in the rear with wider feet at the front. Down the middle there is a large dust filter that covers the area that will allow for both the intake of the PSU, and a spot for an additional 120mm or 140mm fan. The thumbscrews near the front of the chassis are used to help hold the hard drive cages in place.
Just like in the 400R, the 500R offers the thumbscrews in the panels with the feature of never getting lost. After unscrewing them from the body of the chassis, they are not removable, so when you go to put the door back on, you know right where the screws are.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now