The Motherboard Continued
Moving away from the bottom of the board and up to the top, we can see our four DDR3 DIMM slots which support up to 32GB of RAM at 2100MHz DDR via overclocking. Also around here we get a good look at all the Gold caps that are present on the board. We've seen this for a while from ASRock now and the Gold caps look fantastic.
Also around here we've of course got our typical 24-Pin main ATX power connector present along with a pair of USB 3.0 headers. One can of course be used in conjunction with the included USB 3.0 connector.
Moving around to the last corner of the board, you can see our 8-Pin ATX power connector located in that typical position and looking around the CPU socket you can see as usual we've got a pretty clean setup. Like most companies these days, ASRock are also using the new fan holders which frees up the sides to help let the air move more.
Finally, we finish off with the I/O side of things and starting from the left, we've got two PS/2 connectors, clear CMOS button, optical and coaxial ports running off the Realtek ALC892 codec. Moving across again, we've got Gigabit networking via the Broadcom BCM57781 chip, four USB 2.0 ports, our Fatal1ty mouse port, two more USB 2.0 ports, Firewire, eSATA, another gigabit network port off the same Broadcom controller, two USB 3.0 ports running off the Etron EJ168A controller and six auxiliary ports running off the Realtek ALC892 codec again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's dual Fiji chip spotted as Radeon R9 Gemini, is this the Fury X2?
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog