The OCZ Technology RevoDrive Hybrid
Here we get our first look at the RevoDrive Hybrid. OCZ chose to use a Toshiba 1TB 2.5" HDD for their base drive and two banks of SSDs in a RAID like array for the advanced cache portion.
The RevoDrive Hybrid uses 25nm asynchronous flash and on the back we see some of it. This is where things get a little hairy. I'm not too sure what to think about OCZ using their own branded flash that we know nothing about.
The RevoDrive Hybrid appears to occupy a single slot from the back, but from the side we see it takes up a couple of slots due to its triple tier design.
There are three parts; the main board with the SSD, a daughterboard with the SATA interface and the HDD that rests on top of the daughterboard.
Most of the flash is found on the back side of the PCB, but this goes to show that OCZ has the ability to make units with more flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Technical Side of the RevoDrive Hybrid]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The OCZ Technology RevoDrive Hybrid]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4