Gigabyte has pulled together lately a string of great motherboards for the overclocking segment, and the SINXP1394 adds to their success. Layout of the board is almost exceptional apart from the placement of the 4-pin power connector. Color coding of the DIMM sockets for identification between the two channels is a masterpiece.
The onboard peripherals are tried and true. Silicon Image is the best Serial ATA controller on the market, simply because it isn't a Parallel to Serial solution. The ITE GigaRAID solution is the first we have seen of this chip, but our tests shows it to be on par with the Promise controller in terms of performance, but setup takes a bit extra compared to the rest of the controllers on the market.
The use of the onboard Firewire shows that Gigabyte isn't going cheap on the supplied features that come with the chipset itself. The Firewire controller provided no incompatibilities and was detected in Windows XP without any hassles and without any performance degrading.
Overclocking, while limited by some voltage limitations, was still a very good affair. We managed to run a FSB of 163MHz FSB and a max memory speed of 392MHz. Without the addition of memory voltage settings we weren't able to run the memory above 400MHz.
Dual DDR support
Hyper Threading support
Placement of the 4-pin connector
Limited memory and AGP voltage selections
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now