Gigabyte has pulled together lately a string of great motherboards for the overclocking segment, and the SINXP1394 adds to their success. Layout of the board is almost exceptional apart from the placement of the 4-pin power connector. Color coding of the DIMM sockets for identification between the two channels is a masterpiece.
The onboard peripherals are tried and true. Silicon Image is the best Serial ATA controller on the market, simply because it isn't a Parallel to Serial solution. The ITE GigaRAID solution is the first we have seen of this chip, but our tests shows it to be on par with the Promise controller in terms of performance, but setup takes a bit extra compared to the rest of the controllers on the market.
The use of the onboard Firewire shows that Gigabyte isn't going cheap on the supplied features that come with the chipset itself. The Firewire controller provided no incompatibilities and was detected in Windows XP without any hassles and without any performance degrading.
Overclocking, while limited by some voltage limitations, was still a very good affair. We managed to run a FSB of 163MHz FSB and a max memory speed of 392MHz. Without the addition of memory voltage settings we weren't able to run the memory above 400MHz.
Dual DDR support
Hyper Threading support
Placement of the 4-pin connector
Limited memory and AGP voltage selections
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Toshiba announces 12.5' Satellite Radius 12 2-in-1 convertible laptop
- Halo 5 opening cinematic teases a bunch of stuff you can't do in-game
- The new Nexus 5 will feature 1080p display, 6-core CPU and USB Type-C
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015