Gigabyte has pulled together lately a string of great motherboards for the overclocking segment, and the SINXP1394 adds to their success. Layout of the board is almost exceptional apart from the placement of the 4-pin power connector. Color coding of the DIMM sockets for identification between the two channels is a masterpiece.
The onboard peripherals are tried and true. Silicon Image is the best Serial ATA controller on the market, simply because it isn't a Parallel to Serial solution. The ITE GigaRAID solution is the first we have seen of this chip, but our tests shows it to be on par with the Promise controller in terms of performance, but setup takes a bit extra compared to the rest of the controllers on the market.
The use of the onboard Firewire shows that Gigabyte isn't going cheap on the supplied features that come with the chipset itself. The Firewire controller provided no incompatibilities and was detected in Windows XP without any hassles and without any performance degrading.
Overclocking, while limited by some voltage limitations, was still a very good affair. We managed to run a FSB of 163MHz FSB and a max memory speed of 392MHz. Without the addition of memory voltage settings we weren't able to run the memory above 400MHz.
Dual DDR support
Hyper Threading support
Placement of the 4-pin connector
Limited memory and AGP voltage selections
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS