The line-up of boards includes the MSI 990FXA-GD80 we looked at recently with the AMD FX-8150. Alongside that, we've got an A75 based ASRock board using our A8-3850 along with a H67 based ASUS board using our 2600k.
As for the rest of the system, there are no changes, so let's just get into the overclocking side of things. While AMD say we can go as high as 1.515v on the CPU core, we didn't want to go near that at the moment. Instead we wanted to sit around the 1.45v mark.
Surprisingly enough, our overclock was really strong coming in at 4.73GHz. This is only 30MHz lower than what we saw on our first FX-8150 sample which was running at 1.512v.
You can see below that this was done via the help of our multiplier which was pushed to 23.5x. Combined with the 201 BCLK, we come in at 4.73GHz.
I would've loved to push the voltage up to around the 1.5v area like we did with our original FX-8150 to see if we could get higher, but after having ours die and hearing about others dieing, we're a little skeptical at the moment.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now