The line-up of boards includes the MSI 990FXA-GD80 we looked at recently with the AMD FX-8150. Alongside that, we've got an A75 based ASRock board using our A8-3850 along with a H67 based ASUS board using our 2600k.
As for the rest of the system, there are no changes, so let's just get into the overclocking side of things. While AMD say we can go as high as 1.515v on the CPU core, we didn't want to go near that at the moment. Instead we wanted to sit around the 1.45v mark.
Surprisingly enough, our overclock was really strong coming in at 4.73GHz. This is only 30MHz lower than what we saw on our first FX-8150 sample which was running at 1.512v.
You can see below that this was done via the help of our multiplier which was pushed to 23.5x. Combined with the 201 BCLK, we come in at 4.73GHz.
I would've loved to push the voltage up to around the 1.5v area like we did with our original FX-8150 to see if we could get higher, but after having ours die and hearing about others dieing, we're a little skeptical at the moment.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's next-gen video cards will be available at retail in June
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer details augmentations, and more
- Apple Music update brings videos, family plan to Android
- Windows 10 upgrade nag screen interrupts weather lady
- New Apple Music API means endless integration possibilities
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched