Moving onto the board, we can see that the design is just what you'd expect from the UD5 named motherboard. We've got the black PCB which looks great along with the little highlights of blue throughout the board that as always lets us know it's part of the UD5 family. You can see the black color scheme goes throughout the whole board and it's nice to see there aren't some random colors thrown in for the slots.
Moving in closer, we've got a legacy PCI slot, single PCIe x1 slot and five PCIe x16 slots. Starting from the left, the PCIe x16 configuration is x16 / x4 / x16 / x4 / x8. The board supports three-card CrossFireX and SLI, so in that configuration the setup would be x16 / x16 / x8. Considering the price point of the board, that's pretty awesome. Along with that you still have the PCIe 1x slot if you have any devices that make use of that connection.
Moving to the bottom of the board, we've got our front audio header on the left followed by a FireWire header, three USB 2.0 headers, a single USB 3.0 header, TPM and our Front Panel header which is of course color coded. The UD5 doesn't come with a power / reset button like the higher up UD7; for most this won't matter.
Turning the corner, you can see we've got a total of eight SATA ports here. The six black ones are all SATA III and run off the AMD SB950 South bridge; the two grey ones that sit just to the side are also SATA III, but they run off the Marvell 88SE9172 controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog