As we mentioned early on in this review, the Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis Pro "Ultimate Edition" is not a video card that falls into the budget group. With a street price of right around US$300, it can be downright pricey to those on a budget. But for those who are looking for performance that makes the competition look pale in comparison, this board will be there waiting for you.
Many of those users who fall into the Enthusiast category, you will look inside your own performance rig and see something along the lines of the Radeon 9500 Pro or the Ti4200 cards being compared today. I have been asked many times whether the upgrade to the Radeon 9700 Pro boards is really worth it. After our tests today, I think that the answer to this question can be summed up in a single word; YES!
The overclocking capabilities of this card may seem limited for those accustomed to using the nVidia based boards, but even so the levels of performance we've seen today are far above what we could even dream of with some of the common boards being used in systems today.
Bottom line...If you have been looking at upgrades to your existing video board, then you would do very well to take a hard look at the Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis Pro "Ultimate Edition" board. Even if you currently have a GeForce4 or lesser Radeon board currently in your system, the performance difference makes the upgrade a worthy choice. The Sapphire unit we had the privileged of testing not only works exceedingly well, but has also earned the "Ultimate Edition" moniker that has been proudly branded to the front of the box.
Passive cooling = QUIET!
Anti-Aliasing performance is spectacular
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 3 [Contents]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 4 [The Card]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 5 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 6 [Anti-Aliasing/Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 tested, loses to reference RX Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes