As we mentioned early on in this review, the Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis Pro "Ultimate Edition" is not a video card that falls into the budget group. With a street price of right around US$300, it can be downright pricey to those on a budget. But for those who are looking for performance that makes the competition look pale in comparison, this board will be there waiting for you.
Many of those users who fall into the Enthusiast category, you will look inside your own performance rig and see something along the lines of the Radeon 9500 Pro or the Ti4200 cards being compared today. I have been asked many times whether the upgrade to the Radeon 9700 Pro boards is really worth it. After our tests today, I think that the answer to this question can be summed up in a single word; YES!
The overclocking capabilities of this card may seem limited for those accustomed to using the nVidia based boards, but even so the levels of performance we've seen today are far above what we could even dream of with some of the common boards being used in systems today.
Bottom line...If you have been looking at upgrades to your existing video board, then you would do very well to take a hard look at the Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis Pro "Ultimate Edition" board. Even if you currently have a GeForce4 or lesser Radeon board currently in your system, the performance difference makes the upgrade a worthy choice. The Sapphire unit we had the privileged of testing not only works exceedingly well, but has also earned the "Ultimate Edition" moniker that has been proudly branded to the front of the box.
Passive cooling = QUIET!
Anti-Aliasing performance is spectacular
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 3 [Contents]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 4 [The Card]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 5 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 6 [Anti-Aliasing/Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shots fired: GameStop CEO says 'Wii U was disappointing to everybody'
- AMD releases new Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.1 beta drivers
- Battlefield 1's African American lead is a WW1 Harlem Hellfighter
- Dishonored 2: Everything you need to know
- Windows 7 update breaks PCs with ASUS motherboards
- 1MORE Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones Review
- Strange indeed P57W Laptop Shutdown
- Z77Pro4 no support for Haswell or skylake cpus?
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- G.SKILL introduces 5 new color schemes to Trident Z Series DDR4 memory
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboards featuring Braswell refresh processors
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat