Oh, you mean there was supposed to be something else in the box too? Ah, here we go...the video card!
When you pull this behemoth out of the box, you'll first notice the lack of a fan on the board. We mentioned earlier that this uses a heatpipe variety of cooling system and I found that it is basically identical to the Zalman VGA Heatpipe that was reviewed here. The only real difference is the color and the inclusion of RAM sinks. The missing RAM sinks was the only thing that kept the Zalman cooler from earning our Editors Choice Award. The fact that the folks at Sapphire decided to include them bodes well for their dedication to the Enthusiast.
Turning the card over allows us to see the rest of the Heatpipe cooler. Everything sits neatly tucked under the aluminum cooling device and if you'll look along the left (rear) portion of the board you'll see the RAM sinks. Every memory module is covered with a sink so cooling will be greatly enhanced since there is no active cooling here.
The ports offered are pretty standard, but as noted previously, the included DVI-CRT adapter should give you all the versatility that you'll ever need. Sometimes it is the small things that really help to make a difference.
But enough about the card, how does it perform?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 3 [Contents]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 4 [The Card]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 5 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 6 [Anti-Aliasing/Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise for 'Kong' in first 'Skull Island' trailer
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard