Oh, you mean there was supposed to be something else in the box too? Ah, here we go...the video card!
When you pull this behemoth out of the box, you'll first notice the lack of a fan on the board. We mentioned earlier that this uses a heatpipe variety of cooling system and I found that it is basically identical to the Zalman VGA Heatpipe that was reviewed here. The only real difference is the color and the inclusion of RAM sinks. The missing RAM sinks was the only thing that kept the Zalman cooler from earning our Editors Choice Award. The fact that the folks at Sapphire decided to include them bodes well for their dedication to the Enthusiast.
Turning the card over allows us to see the rest of the Heatpipe cooler. Everything sits neatly tucked under the aluminum cooling device and if you'll look along the left (rear) portion of the board you'll see the RAM sinks. Every memory module is covered with a sink so cooling will be greatly enhanced since there is no active cooling here.
The ports offered are pretty standard, but as noted previously, the included DVI-CRT adapter should give you all the versatility that you'll ever need. Sometimes it is the small things that really help to make a difference.
But enough about the card, how does it perform?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 3 [Contents]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 4 [The Card]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 5 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 6 [Anti-Aliasing/Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- System Shock reboot gets 9 minutes of new gameplay footage
- Modders morph Skyrim into amazing standalone RPG Enderal
- China is the first with a 3D printed house, was built-in 45 days
- Battlefield 1 has Async Compute and DX12, expect 'DX12 fireworks'
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines