Before we delve into this particular board, we'll take a peek at the specifications. After all, we can learn a lot from the numbers presented and it will also give us a good place to start from in our expectations of this video card.
- 256-bit memory interface removes hardware performance bottleneck and provides end users with faster 3D graphics
- Industry's first 8-pixel pipeline architecture, providing twice the rendering power of any currently competing product
- Supports the new AGP 8X standard, providing a high-speed link between the graphics board and the rest of the PC (2.0 GB/sec)
- First to fully support DirectX 9.0 and the latest OpenGL functionality
- New SMARTSHADER 2.0 technology allows users to experience complex, movie-quality effects in next-generation 3D games and applications
- SMOOTHVISION 2.0 technology enhances image quality by removing jagged edges and bringing out fine texture detail, without compromising performance
- 128-bit floating-point color precision allows for a greater range of colors and brightness
- Unique VIDEOSHADER engine uses programmable pixel shaders to accelerate video processing and provide better-looking visuals
- ATI's new FULLSTREAM technology removes blocky artifacts from Streaming and Internet video and provides sharper image quality
- Completely silent passive cooling via revolutionary heatpipe and RAM sinks 128MB DDR memory accelerates the latest 3D games
Many of these features are the same as those found on the Radeon 9500 based video boards, but there are a couple of differences worth mentioning here. Foremost among these would have to be the full 8-pixel pipeline that is used on the 9700 Pro boards. This is double the rendering horsepower of the smaller brother so we should see some pretty massive improvements in score.
Another important difference with this particular variety of card is the passive cooling. This is where our friends at Sapphire give us something out of the ordinary. And not only that, but they have also made sure to include a full array of RAM sinks to make sure that the job was finished. This equates to workable cooling - even while overclocked - and absolutely no added noise to the system.
Sounds good so far, but let's take a look at the card and other goodies!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 3 [Contents]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 4 [The Card]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 5 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 6 [Anti-Aliasing/Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' trailer actually looks kinda fun
- Sony developing smart contact lenses with life recording
- Hitman patch lets DirectX 12 users play again
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience