Specifications, Availability and Pricing
On the specifications sheet QNAP doesn't highlight the new features, so we'll point them out. We've already spilled the beans on USB 3.0. The TS-659 Pro II also supports SATA III (SATA 6Gb/s) and is easier to upgrade memory on. The system ships with 1GB of DDR3, but a new, more convenient location for a second slot gives users the ability to add up to 3GB of DDR3.
Aside from what's new, there is still what has always been. The new TS-659 Pro II has six internal HDD bays and two eSATA ports on the back. Four USB 2.0 ports also reside on the back as do a pair of gigabit Ethernet ports that support Trunking.
After a quick search with Google, we found that most e-tailers sell the TS-659 Pro II for around 930 USD. Picking a TS-659 Pro II up for less than a grand is an amazing deal considering other competing products on the market and their functions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The QNAP TS-659 Pro II]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft begins Xbox One S deals, includes Gold access
- Windows 10 VR paving way for Project Scorpio VR gaming
- Microsoft announces $299 VR headset for Windows 10
- World of Warcraft Patch 7.1 is now live
- New Surface Studio AiO rocks GTX 980M, 4.5K display
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards