We all know the old saying; if it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's usually pretty solid advice for a company, especially when they make some of the best products available on the market. QNAP doesn't follow that line of thinking at all and each year they look at their product line and ask how they can make it better.
NAS servers today are pretty much at the top of their game. There hasn't been a lot of changes to the foundation in a long time, so all of the basics have been the same for several years. With just about every NAS manufacturer sitting on the same foundation, in this case offering high speed redundant storage at the best price point possible, these companies need to expand and improve on their secondary product features. These include software packages, improved connectivity, ease of use, wider compatibility, included accessories and of course, product support.
QNAP has become a master at these secondary features and in doing so brought innovative secondary features into the foundation. One example is the current standard of having two or more gigabit Ethernet ports on SMB NAS products. Just a few years ago products were built with the expectation of having just a single port, but dual ports are now expected, foundation features. Another example is the high number of USB ports now found on NAS products. Even the most basic of units ship with four USB ports.
The QNAP TS-659 Pro II is the company's latest run on an award winning product. It wasn't that long ago we looked at the TS-659 Pro + and determined it was a spectacular product that improved upon an already existing design. The Pro II is a third generation product and it brings even more to the table while still keeping with core technology that makes it a great product.
USB 3.0 has been added as have optimizations to the software and firmware, making the TS-659 Pro II a better all-around product. Let's take a look at the specs and see what else has changed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The QNAP TS-659 Pro II]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New map, competitive ranking system arrive for Insurgency
- Google will reportedly shame vendors into Android updates
- Lenovo says Motorola acquisition 'did not meet expectations'
- Android Auto, CarPlay available for Hyundai vehicles
- GAINWARD's GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix spotted with black/red/gold look
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition