In the fullness of ABIT's time in producing motherboards, they have come to understand what is needed and what is wanted by the hardware community - and this board is no exception, it is designed with the present day needs and demands in mind, as well as the best possibilities to future-proof it.
Layout of the board is one of the best available to-date. Designed to remove legacy ports (for us with USB scanners, printers and mice) this board gives us all the latest ports and with Firewire and Serial ATA onboard, you have the ultimate board.
Overclocking of the board was a fantastic journey. Softmenu III is the simplest tool to operate. With the right tweaking, I was able to move up to 175MHz FSB with our memory being the main bottleneck.
In all, the board had only one flaw and that was the placement of the four pin ATX power connector. While it was an inconvenience it wasn't a full obstruction of the CPU, which was tolerable. The IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 is another award winner from ABIT.
10 USB 2.0 Ports
Bad placement of the four pin power connector
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Take an Extra 15% Off All VPNs at TweakTown Deals
- Aussie Police crack down on phone use while driving
- Viral vandalism video sees young woman 'completely humiliated'
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS