In the fullness of ABIT's time in producing motherboards, they have come to understand what is needed and what is wanted by the hardware community - and this board is no exception, it is designed with the present day needs and demands in mind, as well as the best possibilities to future-proof it.
Layout of the board is one of the best available to-date. Designed to remove legacy ports (for us with USB scanners, printers and mice) this board gives us all the latest ports and with Firewire and Serial ATA onboard, you have the ultimate board.
Overclocking of the board was a fantastic journey. Softmenu III is the simplest tool to operate. With the right tweaking, I was able to move up to 175MHz FSB with our memory being the main bottleneck.
In all, the board had only one flaw and that was the placement of the four pin ATX power connector. While it was an inconvenience it wasn't a full obstruction of the CPU, which was tolerable. The IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 is another award winner from ABIT.
10 USB 2.0 Ports
Bad placement of the four pin power connector
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- Samsung store catches fire ahead of the Galaxy S8 launch
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design