In the fullness of ABIT's time in producing motherboards, they have come to understand what is needed and what is wanted by the hardware community - and this board is no exception, it is designed with the present day needs and demands in mind, as well as the best possibilities to future-proof it.
Layout of the board is one of the best available to-date. Designed to remove legacy ports (for us with USB scanners, printers and mice) this board gives us all the latest ports and with Firewire and Serial ATA onboard, you have the ultimate board.
Overclocking of the board was a fantastic journey. Softmenu III is the simplest tool to operate. With the right tweaking, I was able to move up to 175MHz FSB with our memory being the main bottleneck.
In all, the board had only one flaw and that was the placement of the four pin ATX power connector. While it was an inconvenience it wasn't a full obstruction of the CPU, which was tolerable. The IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 is another award winner from ABIT.
10 USB 2.0 Ports
Bad placement of the four pin power connector
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99