ABIT has been for quite some time the biggest name in overclocking. ABIT started this trend back when overclocking was nothing but a trend.
ABIT first brought to us their "Softmenu" overclocking utility back in the Socket 7 days. Originally Softmenu was not intended to be an overclocking tool. It was intended to allow jumper free access to the motherboards CPU setup parameters. Once it was discovered that the CPU core voltage and FSB adjustments allowed for overclocking of the CPU, ABIT's already available boards become hot property.
ABIT's great claim to fame was in the 440BX chipset days. With the already high potential of the 440BX chipset and ABIT's approach to overclocking, ABIT had a huge portion of the overclockers market. Very few companies had good overclocking motherboards in the early 400BX days, ABIT's BH6 and BX6 boards were amongst the best Intel based boards and to this day still holds great appeal to Intel fans. With the boom in the Intel Pentium 4 segment and all the latest chipsets coming out, ABIT has chosen who and how for its Intel line. Recently ABIT introduced their Legacy free motherboard range, dubbed the "MAX" line; it includes the AT7 Max for AMD Athlon XP, IT7 Max and the IT7 Max2 for Intel Pentium 4.
We took a look at the IT7 Max2 motherboard a while ago, based on the I845E chipset with legacy free design. Today we look at ABIT's latest addition to its Max line, the IT7 Max2 Revision 2.0.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20