With a new processor in hand, we haven't got any other boards to compare our FX-8150 against at the moment. It's only going to be a matter of time, though, till we build up a database.
With that said, we have today thrown our FX-8150 and MSI 990FXA-GD80 up against two boards with two different CPUs. One is the recently looked at ASRock A75M-ITX with our A8-3850. While the board may be small, it showed us performance at stock that sat inline with boards twice its size.
The other board we've got here is the ASUS P8H67-I which comes paired with our 2600k. We've already got a fairly good idea with what's going on in terms of the performance of our FX-8150 CPU compared to these other processors, but let's take a look in our normal motherboard line-up of tests.
Before we close out, though, as already said, we'd normally also cover overclocking here, but our FX-8150 has fallen into a deep slumber which it refuses to get out of. For that reason, we'll only be testing the FX-8150 at stock today.
We did a bit of overclocking on the board that saw our FX-8150 sit in around the 4.6 - 4.7GHz mark, but unfortunately we didn't get the chance to run a full line up of tests. Normally we'd be a bit inclined to blame the motherboard for the death of our CPU, or ourselves, but there seems to be some issues with the FX-8150 as I've heard multiple people now also having a dead chip in other motherboards and it seems that it could be related to a spike in CPU voltages when overclocking.
No doubt as we find out more about it, we'll let you know, but I think for the time being we might try and avoid overclocking of the FX-8150.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- Battlefield devs rip on new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer
- Modern Warfare Remastered: maps, dedicated servers and more
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched