With a new processor in hand, we haven't got any other boards to compare our FX-8150 against at the moment. It's only going to be a matter of time, though, till we build up a database.
With that said, we have today thrown our FX-8150 and MSI 990FXA-GD80 up against two boards with two different CPUs. One is the recently looked at ASRock A75M-ITX with our A8-3850. While the board may be small, it showed us performance at stock that sat inline with boards twice its size.
The other board we've got here is the ASUS P8H67-I which comes paired with our 2600k. We've already got a fairly good idea with what's going on in terms of the performance of our FX-8150 CPU compared to these other processors, but let's take a look in our normal motherboard line-up of tests.
Before we close out, though, as already said, we'd normally also cover overclocking here, but our FX-8150 has fallen into a deep slumber which it refuses to get out of. For that reason, we'll only be testing the FX-8150 at stock today.
We did a bit of overclocking on the board that saw our FX-8150 sit in around the 4.6 - 4.7GHz mark, but unfortunately we didn't get the chance to run a full line up of tests. Normally we'd be a bit inclined to blame the motherboard for the death of our CPU, or ourselves, but there seems to be some issues with the FX-8150 as I've heard multiple people now also having a dead chip in other motherboards and it seems that it could be related to a spike in CPU voltages when overclocking.
No doubt as we find out more about it, we'll let you know, but I think for the time being we might try and avoid overclocking of the FX-8150.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis