The Motherboard Continued
Moving towards the top of the board, you can see there's nothing out of the ordinary here with our main 24-Pin ATX power connector present. Above that you can see our four DIMM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3.
As for the speeds supported, that depends on if you're going to be making use of a Phenom chip or a new FX one. Up to 2133MHz DDR is offered via overclocking.
Tucked up in the back corner we can see our normal 8-Pin CPU connector and around the CPU area you can see the heatsink setup that is present on the board. What's interesting is around the socket, MSI have opted for the older style full cage instead of the newer one which leaves the sides open. It's not a big deal, but it was interesting none the less.
Finishing up with the I/O side of things, you can see from the left we've got two PS/2 connectors and next to that we have a little button which is used to clear the CMOS. Next to that we have an Optical and Coaxial out along with two eSATA / USB 2.0 combo ports at the bottom running off the JMicron JMB362 controller, two USB 2.0 ports above that and a 1394 Firewire port running off the VIA VT6315N.
Moving along again, we've got a further two USB 2.0 ports along with a gigabit networking port above that running off the Realtek RTL8111E controller, along with two USB 3.0 ports running off the NEC D720200 chip and six audio jacks running off the Realtek ALC892 Codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- NVIDIA Shield update adds support for Netflix HDR, Plex, Dolby Atmos
- eBay's new flash sale is perfect for extra Steam Summer Sale savings
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card