Moving onto the board, we can see that we've got the same look we've seen from MSI for a while now with the dark black PCB and the dark blue / silver setup going on with our expansion slots and heatsinks. It's one of the better looking color schemes on the market at the moment and it's nice to see it's implemented on the latest 990FXA-GD80.
Moving in closer, we can get a good look at what exactly is going on with the expansion side of things. We've got a single older legacy PCI slot along with two 1x PCIe slots. Finally, we've got four PCIe x16 slots, although you can see the second and last slot are wired up for x8 speed only.
Moving to the bottom of the board, we can as usual see a fair bit going on. Starting from the left, we've got our audio header, 1394 firewire header, COM header and three buttons which allow auto overclocking via OC Genie along with a power and reset button. Next to that we've got two USB headers, our LED debug reader and our front panel headers.
Turning the corner, we've got a single USB 3.0 header on the far left that runs off the NEC D720200 chip along with six SATA III ports that all run off the AMD SB950 chipset natively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni