Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Back to the Crafted Series we go for this new entry to the Tempest Lineup. The 410 Elite does have a little brother in the Tempest 410, but separating the pair of Tempest 410 cases is a window and rubber grommets in the wire management holes; that's it really. Around the outside both use the same protruding front bezel that offers three optical bay drive covers that are removable from the outside of the chassis. The bay covers and the pair of removable fans are covered with steel mesh to allow for improved airflow. There is a cool trick to the removable fans, but I will show that later. The rest of the exterior as well as the bezel are textured and black in color.
On the inside there is the rack for the tool-less optical drive bays at the top with a rack housing up to eight drives below it. These eight bays use plastic trays that will accept both 3.5" drives as well as 2.5" drives. Moving left, you get a well laid out motherboard tray with even more holes and options for wiring than any of the previous three cases had, plus the large visible holes in the tray receive rubber grommets this time! Above the tray you can install either one or two of either 120mm or 140mm sized fans with room for a radiator in the plastic top of the case. Below the tray there is a dust cover now for the PSU and an optional fan placement between the PSU and hard drive racks on the floor. In the back you get seven expansion slots and the third fan installed, which is a 120mm as an exhaust fan. Finishing off the exterior, the left panel gets a large angled window that leans to the left, where the right panel is again left flat and plain.
The fans in the chassis are all 120mm and there are three. Two fans in the front, which are replaceable and removable with relative ease to deliver a steady flow of fresh air into the chassis, and the 120mm exhaust fan in the back. This leaves you with options for the radiator in the top or just a pair of fans, and of course if the PSU is short enough you can also add a fan to the floor. There are some things I missed, like the 410 Elite having an internal USB 3.0 connection; there is a covered tray in the front and the removable mesh top, but I will cover the Tempest 410 Elite in fine detail soon enough.
Looking to buy the Tempest 410 Elite, I was able to locate two e-tailers showing stock of this new chassis. Provantage has a listing for $81.73 before shipping, but the image of the chassis is not right at all. The other place I was able to locate this chassis was at Newegg.com for $99.99 plus $5.99 shipping as I type this. I'm not completely ruling out Provantage.com as the better deal, but I would want confirmation that we are talking about the right case. Now, depending on how frugal you are, for $88, this is a lot of case. For $99.99 I still think the Tempest 410 Elite has plenty to give to at least gain your respect and make you think twice about some of the other current choices for this price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI unveils GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Armor & Aero cards
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer spins wicked web
- 'Justice League', 'Aquaman' IMAX VR experiences on way
- Halo Wars Definitive Edition teased on PC with Steam
- MSI's mini-ITX Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC rocks GTX 1070
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design