Uh yeah .I don't think I saw foot massager or kitchen sink listed anywhere on there. In the future we'll cover more of the software functionality with a full software review. We'll cover the basics today and analyze what we thought while working with the system.
While testing the Synology DS411+II to determine its file transfer capability, I made my way through the software. For years I've talked about Thecus and QNAP's evolution and how easy it is to get through. With their systems you see the maze and feel like you have an unlimited number of possibilities to explore. Don't get me wrong, you are only a few clicks away from any targeted section that you are looking for, but you still get the impression that you have a lot to learn if you want the optimal configuration.
The Synology software is completely different in the way it's presented. You get the impression that everything is sitting right in front of you, just a single click away. Because of this I was quite surprised at the vast amount of functionality the DS411+II has on the list above. On paper it looks like a complicated cluster, but the truth is setup and configuration was less complicated than a modern Blu-ray player.
Of course, those looking to really take full advantage of the dual core processor can start adding even more functionality. On Synology's web page we found packages for turning you NAS into a web server, mail server, VPN server and so forth. The packages go on and on and there are some listed that I've never seen officially supported by the manufacturer before on other NAS products at this, or any other price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The Synology DS411+II]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog