Specifications, Availability and Pricing
At the heart of the Synology DS411+II is a dual core 1.8 GHz processor that is paired with 1GB of DDR2. The system supports four HDDs in either 3.5 or 2.5" form factors. At the time of writing Synology says they support up to 3TB drives; we'll have to see if this gets updated later to the new 4TB models that are just around the corner.
On the connectivity side of things you have a single gigabit Ethernet port, dual USB 2.0 ports and a single eSATA port. That should be enough to keep you busy for a while.
The DS411+II is cooled by dual 80mm fans. Synology gives a dB rating of 22.5. With the system just four feet away from our primary seating position in an enclosed small office, we never knew when the system was off or on other than the lights on the front of the NAS. The system ran very quiet.
Synology gives a two year warranty with the DS411+II should you ever encounter an issue. Online you are able to find this system in several different configurations. Those range from a bare system without hard drives to a fully loaded system with 12TB of raw capacity. Our system arrived with four 1TB drives already installed.
A bare system void of drives will set you back around 640 Dollars. At that price we are clearly talking about a machine that is built for business, but we didn't realize how much business the DS411+II was capable of until we started looking at the software and feature list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The Synology DS411+II]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications