Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Silicon Power doesn't give us a whole lot of information on the specification list, but this isn't our first go around with a SandForce SSD either. SP claims the V30 is able to achieve 550MB/s read and 510MB/s write with the 120GB model that we're looking at today. There are four separate capacity sizes with V30 branding; 60GB, 120GB, 240GB and a large 480GB model.
After a quick search we found that Amazon has the three largest capacity V30 drives. The 120GB drive that we are looking at today is currently selling for 225.35 USD. The 240GB is available for 490 and the fat cat 480GB is priced at 1,120. These aren't the lowest priced drives on the market, but they aren't very far from it.
Silicon Power includes a three year warranty with the new V30 product line and you get a desktop adapter bracket in the package. There is one area that has us a bit concerned, something that we tend to take for granted most of the time. After looking around Silicon Power's website we were not able to find a single firmware update for any of their SSD products. Silicon Power has been selling SSDs for a number of years and should have a dedicated area in the Download Section, but we couldn't find anything.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Silicon Power V30 120GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league