Inside the NZXT Source 210 Elite Mid Tower Case
Another thing I noticed by series is that it seems the Source cases are wired to the bezel. I really like the Tempest 210 for its wire free design. One thing I need to cover here is that to remove this I had to also remove two wire ties first behind the motherboard tray to allow enough wire to even get the bezel to release.
The Source 220 with her panels off shows that I am now two for three in getting instructions, and that familiar bag of hardware is tied to the hard drive racks right where it should be. To keep the wiring in place, they are run through the holes in the tray and also get tied in a bundle at the end with a wire tie.
The three 5.25" bays at the top receive these plastic clips that I can tell have a brushed appearance on them. On this side you use these clips of course, but if you want to lock the other side you must use screws provided for you.
The eight 3.5" bays also get the brushed treatment and offer many places to either stack a ton of drives in here, or get the one or two you have out of the way of longer graphics cards. Simply with a twist these clips can be removed and lock your drive in place.
With five holes to manage wires and twenty-one places to attach them to the motherboard tray, wiring has been a non-issue through three cases now. Under the access hole for CPU cooler back plates you can see there is an engraved chart showing locations to install the risers for the various form factors.
In the back we again have those small Phillip's head screws that no matter how hard I have tried, I even dropped them using them in this, my third attempt at using this arrangement.
There aren't any rubber pads in these cases to isolate PSU vibrations. You are given four metal round raised bumps to set the PSU on. The same idea is used for the fan mounting holes just in front of it.
Looking in from the back of the motherboard tray, you can see there is every opportunity to have a cleanly wired build. As long as you have some time and some extra wire ties, there is no reason you should have issues fitting what you need behind the tray with its 20mm of room, or stashing bulk wires off next to the hard drive rack where it is much deeper.
The wiring for the chassis is long and will go anywhere you need it to. All the cables are black as well. There is a pair of fan leads from the 120mm and 140mm fans equipped inside and the USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HD Audio and motherboard pin connections.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017