We can split hairs all day over the hardware, but the real standout feature is the software Thecus has put together for their enterprise NAS servers. Here you will find everything under the sun including the kitchen sink and if you don't like how it's configured from the factory, you can quickly and more importantly easily make changes. Our sample arrived fresh from the factory and was all business. The modules normally found installed on the consumer and SMB models were not installed, leaving the full processing power of the D525 ready to serve up the tasks we chose.
Thecus already has a large list of modules ready to be installed easily to bring up additional functionality, but the third-party developers have used their knowledge to make some very impressive add-ons as well. The factory modules can easily be found in the Download Center on Thecus' website and third-party modules are generally found in the Thecus Forums.
Thecus' firmware is now up to version 5 and the interface is very slick with its new AJAX overlay. Just about any change can be made within five clicks of the mouse, including previously difficult and time consuming tasks like building user groups. The new firmware and interface has streamlined difficult tasks, making it so office managers are able to make changes without the need of a dedicated IT department.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The Thecus N8200XXX]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015