We can split hairs all day over the hardware, but the real standout feature is the software Thecus has put together for their enterprise NAS servers. Here you will find everything under the sun including the kitchen sink and if you don't like how it's configured from the factory, you can quickly and more importantly easily make changes. Our sample arrived fresh from the factory and was all business. The modules normally found installed on the consumer and SMB models were not installed, leaving the full processing power of the D525 ready to serve up the tasks we chose.
Thecus already has a large list of modules ready to be installed easily to bring up additional functionality, but the third-party developers have used their knowledge to make some very impressive add-ons as well. The factory modules can easily be found in the Download Center on Thecus' website and third-party modules are generally found in the Thecus Forums.
Thecus' firmware is now up to version 5 and the interface is very slick with its new AJAX overlay. Just about any change can be made within five clicks of the mouse, including previously difficult and time consuming tasks like building user groups. The new firmware and interface has streamlined difficult tasks, making it so office managers are able to make changes without the need of a dedicated IT department.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The Thecus N8200XXX]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'