What can I say...I'm impressed! I have tested several Zalman cooling products over the past couple of years and they have always been found lacking. But this time, these folks have done a very remarkable job. The Heatpipe has proven itself to be a very effective cooler and better yet, it makes absolutely NO NOISE.
If you have been complaining lately about the amount of sheer noise that has been emitting from your system, it may be time to look for ways of taming the beast within the box. Since fans are the loudest of these decibel-producing fiends, we should be looking for ways of either quieting them down or eliminating some of them. Folks, the Zalman ZM80A-HP Heatpipe is one way to not only make a quieter system, but to also maintain an effective cooling solution for your high-end video card.
Of course, the cooling system doesn't come free. At a price of roughly US$33, it isn't going to be the cheapest cooler around, but the total lack of noise might just make this worth it in your eyes. It all comes down to what you're willing to spend to enjoy peace and quiet.
One note is that Zalman states clearly in their manual that they do not recommend overclocking with this cooler in place. While the results we attained today might indicate otherwise, you should consider the fact that there is no memory cooling in place with this type of cooler. Keeping the GPU at a workable temperature is important, but so is keeping the memory cool.
Bottom line...If you're downright tired of all the noise coming from your own system, it may be time to make a change. For those who aren't big into video card overclocking, the Zalman Heatpipe is a wonderfully effective cooling solution that makes absolutely no noise. Talk about a win-win situation!
Very effective cooling
No noise at all
No power consumption
Installs over most standard RAM sinks
Takes a PCI slot
No memory cooling
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20