What can I say...I'm impressed! I have tested several Zalman cooling products over the past couple of years and they have always been found lacking. But this time, these folks have done a very remarkable job. The Heatpipe has proven itself to be a very effective cooler and better yet, it makes absolutely NO NOISE.
If you have been complaining lately about the amount of sheer noise that has been emitting from your system, it may be time to look for ways of taming the beast within the box. Since fans are the loudest of these decibel-producing fiends, we should be looking for ways of either quieting them down or eliminating some of them. Folks, the Zalman ZM80A-HP Heatpipe is one way to not only make a quieter system, but to also maintain an effective cooling solution for your high-end video card.
Of course, the cooling system doesn't come free. At a price of roughly US$33, it isn't going to be the cheapest cooler around, but the total lack of noise might just make this worth it in your eyes. It all comes down to what you're willing to spend to enjoy peace and quiet.
One note is that Zalman states clearly in their manual that they do not recommend overclocking with this cooler in place. While the results we attained today might indicate otherwise, you should consider the fact that there is no memory cooling in place with this type of cooler. Keeping the GPU at a workable temperature is important, but so is keeping the memory cool.
Bottom line...If you're downright tired of all the noise coming from your own system, it may be time to make a change. For those who aren't big into video card overclocking, the Zalman Heatpipe is a wonderfully effective cooling solution that makes absolutely no noise. Talk about a win-win situation!
Very effective cooling
No noise at all
No power consumption
Installs over most standard RAM sinks
Takes a PCI slot
No memory cooling
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications