One of the perks of doing reviews on computer parts and peripherals is that you not only get to work with some of the best names in the industry, but also often get to work with companies who haven't yet made a name for themselves in one way or another. Today we are dealing with the latter in that most of our readers aren't going to have heard of Jou Jye Computer before. This is mostly because the company is known more in the OEM world and is slowly starting to push into the consumer world.
The unit that we are taking a look at today is the BW-B620JL power supply. It is a 620W power supply rated for Bronze level efficiency. The unit has a great list of connectors and 100% Japanese capacitor construction, however that isn't what has us intrigued the most. The unit has the ability to be linked directly with other power supplies from the same line and thus increase the total wattage of your system by running dual power supplies with ease...or more. Let's take a look and see what the BW-B620JL has to offer and just how well it performs.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Taking a look at the paper specs of the BW-B620JL power supply, we find that there are dual 12V rails capable of 24A each, with a combined total output of 48A. Both of the minor rails are capable of the same 24A each, but they have a combined maximum output of 130W. Add in the -12V and 5VSB rails and you have a combined total output of 620W. This certainly is far from powering a quad GPU system, but when linked it could be very close to doing so.
As we can see from the feature summary, there are a few things lacking from the Jou Jye unit. The two big ones are the over temperature protection and lack of being rated for 100% continuous output at 50C. The unit also lacks modular cables, but that is often a personal preference more than anything. It does feature over voltage/power/current protection, cable sleeving and is 80Plus Bronze certified.
Those in the US are going to play hell trying to get their hands on the BW-B620JL at the moment. Jou Jye is currently working on bringing the unit to the US and as such, there isn't any pricing information available either. The unit can be found with some digging in the UK for about £80. This works out to be about $125 USD, so it certainly isn't cheap by any means. By comparison, the last 620W PSU we looked at was the Antec HCG-620 and it had an MSRP of $79.99. There was no mention of warranty from Jou Jye either.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog