The QNAP TurboNAS TS-1079 Pro Continued
Moving back again, we get a good look at what's going on with our 10-Bays that are present here. You can see from left to right we've got Bay 1 to 8, while bay 9 and 10 sit across the bottom.
One of the more interesting things I noticed with the bays, though, was the lack of locks. I'm not sure why, but I do like the locks on my TS-859 Pro+ even though if someone ultimately wanted to access the drives and didn't have they key, they could. It does prevent someone easily being able to pull out a drive, though.
I think the main reason for the lack of locks is due to the bays being slimmer. We're of course dealing with a 10-Bay NAS here which is a lot of bays and the removal of 10 locks helps not only keep weight down, but also means the caddies can be smaller helping keep the whole device a little smaller. As for the hard drive installation, it's an absolute breeze as you'd expect and not much more really needs to be said.
Moving away from the front and to the back of the device, we can see everything that's going on with our main power connector located at the top and two very large 120mm fans present to help keep those possible 10 hard drives cool along with the components as well. On the left hand side we can see all our connectivity options, but let's move in a little closer to see exactly what's going on.
Starting from the right, we've got a little reset button in the corner followed up with our second USB 3.0 port and four USB 2.0 ports next to it. Above the USB 2.0 ports you can see we've got two Gigabit Ethernet. Next to that you can see we've got two eSATA ports and a VGA port along with a HDMI port which is both reserved for maintenance. Finally, to round it all off we've got a K-Lock area and you can see where our expansion card would be installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand