The QNAP TurboNAS TS-1079 Pro Continued
Moving back again, we get a good look at what's going on with our 10-Bays that are present here. You can see from left to right we've got Bay 1 to 8, while bay 9 and 10 sit across the bottom.
One of the more interesting things I noticed with the bays, though, was the lack of locks. I'm not sure why, but I do like the locks on my TS-859 Pro+ even though if someone ultimately wanted to access the drives and didn't have they key, they could. It does prevent someone easily being able to pull out a drive, though.
I think the main reason for the lack of locks is due to the bays being slimmer. We're of course dealing with a 10-Bay NAS here which is a lot of bays and the removal of 10 locks helps not only keep weight down, but also means the caddies can be smaller helping keep the whole device a little smaller. As for the hard drive installation, it's an absolute breeze as you'd expect and not much more really needs to be said.
Moving away from the front and to the back of the device, we can see everything that's going on with our main power connector located at the top and two very large 120mm fans present to help keep those possible 10 hard drives cool along with the components as well. On the left hand side we can see all our connectivity options, but let's move in a little closer to see exactly what's going on.
Starting from the right, we've got a little reset button in the corner followed up with our second USB 3.0 port and four USB 2.0 ports next to it. Above the USB 2.0 ports you can see we've got two Gigabit Ethernet. Next to that you can see we've got two eSATA ports and a VGA port along with a HDMI port which is both reserved for maintenance. Finally, to round it all off we've got a K-Lock area and you can see where our expansion card would be installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- Pokemon GO in-game Halloween event set for Oct 26 to Nov
- AMD confirms high-end Zen CPU launch for early 2017
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards