The one thing that stands out about the GIGABYTE H61N-USB3 is the price tag. At $79.99 US this isn't just a cheap mITX motherboard, but just a cheap motherboard period. With USB 3.0 support and PCIe x16 as well, it's quite strong in the features department and as you can see from our testing today, it offers some strong performance.
The downfall for the H61 chipset is the same as the H67 chipset. Overclocking is really limited to the point where it's almost nonexistent. Instead of pairing the board with a 2500k or 2600k, you'd be better off looking at the non K versions of each.
If you go through everything, it's just very mITX. The bundle isn't huge, but comes with everything you should need to get up and running; the price is really strong, performance is really good as we've seen from recent mITX offerings and overclocking is limited.
The H61N-USB3 is just a really nice little mITX board that hits at a really awesome price point. Combined with something like a 2500 or 2600 and a nice video card and you're able to have a bucket load of performance depending on the video card you go for.
GIGABYTE has just put together a really nice little mITX that performs as you'd hope and expect. While the H61 offers us a few less USB 2.0 ports and two less SATA II ports, there's little difference between this one and the H67. What helps the H61 stand out a lot, though, is it's got a more aggressive price tag.
If you're only interested in having a single hard drive and ROM drive, or maybe even just two hard drives with a ROM used temporarily to install Windows, this is a great option. The price point it comes in at also means that you could buy one and have a bit of a play. If you then thought maybe you wanted something with some more expansion slots, you could go down the path of grabbing a mATX board a little later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis