After all is said and done, I found the Antec Hard Drive Cooling System to be a worthwhile choice if you happen to be in the market for a means to cool off your hard drive. Prices of hardware aside, the data that we keep on these drives is important to us.
The twin fans and twin probes worked very well and I found no problems with either installation or removal. It is a simple matter to have the unit in place correctly the first time. Also of note is that the fans are filtered. This in itself is a wonderful addition and worthy of praise.
Of course, all is not perfect either. Though it may seem minor, there are just too many case materials and color choices available today to have to be limited to the white face of this unit. And while the automatic fan speed control is a nice touch, a means to control these fans manually as well would have been a nice touch. After all, the fans made very little noise even when the speeds were as fast as they would go, so the ability to control them should be included.
Bottom line...If you have a case that has solid airflow over the hard drives, then stick to it. You will receive no real benefit from this cooler. But if you happen to be one of many users who either have no front mounted cooling or ineffective fans, then do yourself a huge favor and get one of these coolers. At a cost of as little as US$21 on the street, it is a very small price to pay to keep your vital data as safe as it can be.
Very good cooling ability
Aluminum housing with fins
Cannot manually control fan speed
Only available in white
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec HDCS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec HDCS - Page 2 [The Cooler]
- Antec HDCS - Page 3 [The Cooler Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform