The Cooler - Continued
If you push the panel on the right side of the device, it opens up for you. Behind this front panel you will see the LED display and also a small switch. This switch will allow you to conveniently change your temperature readings from Celsius to Fahrenheit. I generally use the Celsius readings, but there are still a lot of folks who don't, so the ability to choose is a nice touch.
But there is something else hiding behind here as well...
This is a first for me. For those who have heard me rant before about fan filtration for ANY fan bringing in outside air, this will come as a very welcome sight. The fans used in this cooler are protected by a filter that completely covers both of the intake areas. So not only can we now get some much needed airflow moving onto the hard drive, we can also make sure that it is clean air. Here is a closer look at the filter.
It is constructed of a plastic frame that fits into a small groove in the front of the cooler. The two holes you see will fit into a pair of studs on the face of the unit to make sure that it is installed properly. The mesh material is the same variety that is used on the front intakes of their high-end enclosures, so just pull it out and blow it off every now and again to make sure that you get a constant supply of fresh, clean air. Very nice touch!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec HDCS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec HDCS - Page 2 [The Cooler]
- Antec HDCS - Page 3 [The Cooler Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset