On the testbed side of things we haven't got any surprises, so we'll get into the overclocking side of things which yielded some really strong results. The first thing we did was fire up AI Tuner to see what kind of an overclock we could achieve. The software has shown some awesome results when tested on the Z68 / P67 platform, but it gets so much more flexibility because of the ability to adjust the multiplier.
AI Tuner took us to a 109 BCLK which pushed our CPU from 2.9GHz to 3.16GHz. This isn't a huge overclock, but it's stronger than we saw our ASRock A75 mITX board go to. Considering that we got this bump, though, without the need to actually adjust anything in the BIOS, I was hopeful that when I ventured in to the BIOS that we would be able to boost our clock speeds by a good bit more.
With a bit of tweaking here and there, we managed to end up with a really good overclock that was 100% stable when up and running in Windows.
As you can see above, we ended up in Windows at 3625MHz which is a really nice overclock from the default 2.9GHz. CPU-Z continues to be a bit weird when it comes to the validation side of things, but the speed was achieved with a 125 BCLK and a 29x multiplier.
This isn't only a good overclock for the A75 platform, but considering it's done on the tiny mITX format is amazing. Let's see how performance goes when we get up and running.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HoloLens powered by 24-core holographic processing unit
- Halo PC project Installation 01 looks incredible
- Mafia 3's soundtrack has over 100 tracks from the 1960s
- PS3 exclusives coming to PC via PlayStation Now
- No Man's Sky sales fall by a massive 81% in the UK
- Z77x-D3h issue with windows 10 fast start up feature
- MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G Graphics Card Review
- asrock z97 extreme4 issue
- ASUSTOR AS6208T Eight-Bay SMB NAS Review
- GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming and Intel 750 400GB SSD on the U.2 port, high CPU usage in windows at idle.
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller
- Cooler Master announces the MasterMouse Pro L
- OZONE introduces RAGE Z50 Series gaming headsets
- EVGA gives away Paragon in-game credit with select graphics cards