The EPoX 4PEA+ has lived up to the name and quality we have come to expect from EPoX. They have strived to try and place themselves at the top of the enthusiast motherboard list with ASUS and Abit. Thus far we have seen EPoX making a valiant effort.
Overclocking wise, well, the inclusion of VCore up to 1.85v, DRAM Voltage up to 2.9v (with latest BIOS update the board now goes to 3.2v), AGP voltage up to 1.9v and various tweaking options for the memory and dividers shows that this board can pull off a great level of interest in the overclockers department.
As for features, it's hard to fault this board. Firewire ports are provided. USB 2.0 is standard. Dual RAID system allows for both Parallel ATA and Serial ATA drives to be used, so future drives are supported. Hyper-Threading ready means you can plug in your HT enabled CPU and go for it without any worries.
Layout wise, we had only the one major gripe and that was with the placement of the ATX power connectors. This could have been well improved with some additional R&D.
In all, the unit is one that can pull off some good scores and match it with just about any i845PE board that is available on the market today.
Serial and Parallel ATA RAID on separate chips
Some mysterious lags in some benchmarks
Bad ATX power connector placements
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 3 [Features]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'xXx 4' is a go, with Vin Diesel to return
- Major flaw found in Intel CPUs and HT, needs BIOS fix
- Apple talks about designing the touchscreen for iPhone
- Facebook pays up to $3 million per ep for original shows
- Intel's next-gen 6C/12T: competes with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller