The EPoX 4PEA+ has lived up to the name and quality we have come to expect from EPoX. They have strived to try and place themselves at the top of the enthusiast motherboard list with ASUS and Abit. Thus far we have seen EPoX making a valiant effort.
Overclocking wise, well, the inclusion of VCore up to 1.85v, DRAM Voltage up to 2.9v (with latest BIOS update the board now goes to 3.2v), AGP voltage up to 1.9v and various tweaking options for the memory and dividers shows that this board can pull off a great level of interest in the overclockers department.
As for features, it's hard to fault this board. Firewire ports are provided. USB 2.0 is standard. Dual RAID system allows for both Parallel ATA and Serial ATA drives to be used, so future drives are supported. Hyper-Threading ready means you can plug in your HT enabled CPU and go for it without any worries.
Layout wise, we had only the one major gripe and that was with the placement of the ATX power connectors. This could have been well improved with some additional R&D.
In all, the unit is one that can pull off some good scores and match it with just about any i845PE board that is available on the market today.
Serial and Parallel ATA RAID on separate chips
Some mysterious lags in some benchmarks
Bad ATX power connector placements
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 3 [Features]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook