The EPoX 4PEA+ has lived up to the name and quality we have come to expect from EPoX. They have strived to try and place themselves at the top of the enthusiast motherboard list with ASUS and Abit. Thus far we have seen EPoX making a valiant effort.
Overclocking wise, well, the inclusion of VCore up to 1.85v, DRAM Voltage up to 2.9v (with latest BIOS update the board now goes to 3.2v), AGP voltage up to 1.9v and various tweaking options for the memory and dividers shows that this board can pull off a great level of interest in the overclockers department.
As for features, it's hard to fault this board. Firewire ports are provided. USB 2.0 is standard. Dual RAID system allows for both Parallel ATA and Serial ATA drives to be used, so future drives are supported. Hyper-Threading ready means you can plug in your HT enabled CPU and go for it without any worries.
Layout wise, we had only the one major gripe and that was with the placement of the ATX power connectors. This could have been well improved with some additional R&D.
In all, the unit is one that can pull off some good scores and match it with just about any i845PE board that is available on the market today.
Serial and Parallel ATA RAID on separate chips
Some mysterious lags in some benchmarks
Bad ATX power connector placements
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 3 [Features]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20