The EPoX 4PEA+ has lived up to the name and quality we have come to expect from EPoX. They have strived to try and place themselves at the top of the enthusiast motherboard list with ASUS and Abit. Thus far we have seen EPoX making a valiant effort.
Overclocking wise, well, the inclusion of VCore up to 1.85v, DRAM Voltage up to 2.9v (with latest BIOS update the board now goes to 3.2v), AGP voltage up to 1.9v and various tweaking options for the memory and dividers shows that this board can pull off a great level of interest in the overclockers department.
As for features, it's hard to fault this board. Firewire ports are provided. USB 2.0 is standard. Dual RAID system allows for both Parallel ATA and Serial ATA drives to be used, so future drives are supported. Hyper-Threading ready means you can plug in your HT enabled CPU and go for it without any worries.
Layout wise, we had only the one major gripe and that was with the placement of the ATX power connectors. This could have been well improved with some additional R&D.
In all, the unit is one that can pull off some good scores and match it with just about any i845PE board that is available on the market today.
Serial and Parallel ATA RAID on separate chips
Some mysterious lags in some benchmarks
Bad ATX power connector placements
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 3 [Features]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- EPoX 4PEA+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni