Being a mITX motherboard, we'll be checking out the ASRock offering against other mITX motherboards we've looked at lately including the ASRock A75 based one and ASUS H67 based one to see which mITX board can reign supreme.
The question I had to answer first, though, was unlike the other motherboards, could we overclock on this offering? Well, the answer to that one is a simple, Yes!
As we mentioned earlier, the BIOS of the Z68M-ITX HT while offering the normal "OC Tweaker" section, is lacking the ability to adjust the voltage on the CPU side of things; instead it only gives us the ability to play with memory voltage which really isn't any help for us when it comes to the CPU overclocking side of things.
Since we had no voltage to start with, I figured I'd go for a 45x multiplier. We booted, but got a BSOD on the way into Windows. Back to the BIOS and it was time to try a 43x multiplier. While we got into Windows with no problem, as soon as we fired up MediaEspresso which tends to be the most intensive of our benchmarks, we got a BSOD within a few minutes.
Into the BIOS again, we finished with a 41x multiplier which as you can see above resulted in a clock speed of 4090MHz or 4.09GHz as suggested in our graphs.
Compared to other Z68 boards, this is far from the highest overclock we've received. Compared to other mITX boards, though, it's the best overclock we've received. No doubt if you're looking at overclocking on the mITX platform, this is going to be an important factor.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break is exclusive to the Windows Store, won't reach Steam
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- Just want to say Hi.
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives