The Motherboard Continued
Moving to the other side of the board, we can see this is where the bulk of everything is happening. Starting from the left, we can see our main 24-Pin ATX power connector and above that you can see we've got two USB 2.0 headers. Next to that we can see a little clear CMOS header.
Continuing to move across, we've got four SATA ports; the two blue ones are SATA II while the two white ones are SATA III, all of which run off the Intel Z68 chipset. Next to that we've got our BIOS battery and around this area we've also got our front panel header along with a pair of fan headers.
While on a whole there's a lot happening around the CPU area with a 4-Pin CPU connector present and a lot of other bits and pieces, it's actually for the most part quite clean. Of course, certain coolers / RAM / VGA combinations could cause a problem, but our Corsair H100 Water Cooler / Vengeance Kit / GTX 580 sat together perfectly. I'm not sure you'd have the same luck with a massive Noctua cooler, though.
On the I/O side of things which takes up an entire side of the motherboard, you can see we've got a PS/2 connector and two USB 2.0 connectors on the left. Next to that we've got a bunch of video outputs including DVI, VGA and HDMI.
Continuing to move across, we've got another two USB 2.0 ports with an eSATA2 connector at the bottom, and next to that we've got two USB 3.0 ports running off the ASMedia ASM1042 controller. Above that we've got a gigabit networking port running off the Realtek RTL8111E. Finally, we finish with five auxiliary ports and an optical port running off the Realtek ALC892 codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The young Han Solo spin-off is a go, as Lucasfilm find their actor
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini