Looking at the card, the first thing that really stands out is the dual fan setup which is something we've seen on recent Sapphire cards. It's proven to do a good job of keeping the card cool while also being fairly quiet. You can also see just behind the fans a look at the copper heat pipes which should hopefully serve us well.
The shroud design is really nice. While overall quite simple, it's quite aggressive when it comes to the lines. I would've loved to have seen Sapphire put some color on the cooler to make it really stand out.
Taking a quick spin around the card, you can see power comes in the form of two 6-Pin PCIe power connectors while closer to the front you can see we've got a single CrossFire connector giving us the ability to run two cards in CrossFire.
Checking out the I/O side of things, we've got the stronger options on offer. That means we've got a Dual-Link and Single-Link DVI connector along with a full size HDMI port and two Mini DisplayPort connectors.
As we mentioned in the introduction, the card we're looking at today does come with the "Overclocked" tag and below we can see the clock speeds the card comes in at. Looking at the core, we can see that comes in at 920MHz which is 20MHz up on the default 900MHz HD 6870 clock.
Unfortunately the 1GB of GDDR5 hasn't been changed and that remains at 1050MHz or 4200MHz QDR. It would've been nice to see Sapphire overclock the memory as it would help boost overall performance a little more, but we do always have the ability to do it ourselves.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian coming in 2016, new footage and screenshots released
- Become a certified Microsoft Office expert with this bundle
- See the cancelled Legacy of Kain game in action
- Ready At Dawn's new AAA action game to be revealed next week
- Here's everything we know about Ghost Recon Wildlands
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles