Features of the TI4200P Turbo
Package and Contents
Albatron has named their high end video cards the "Medusa" series. This series contains the Ti4200 Turbo, Ti4200P Turbo, Ti4600 and the upcoming Ti4800SE. These cards come in very similar boxes, with the serpent queen Medusa on the front and don't worry, looking at her won't turn you to stone as the legend suggests.
Inside you get a very liberal bundle. Your card, user manual (used for all versions of the card), two games, one Driver CD, one Application CD and VIVO cables are included. Albatron stated that the rather limited bundle is to reduce costs since there were additional costs on the card itself, as you will see later.
The Card - Ti4200 or Ti4600?
The last time I held a card this big, it was a Ti4600. This is essentially what Albatron have built. A cost affective Ti4600 card. The PCB is 6 layers and is the full Ti4600 size. Meaning, that signal strengths and voltage regulators are designed for Ti4600 speeds. The GPU's are specially sorted, so only the fastest go on the card - after all it's not worth putting a limited clocking chip onto an overclocker board, is it?
The Core - Ti4200 indeed
On removing the heatsink, we do indeed find a Ti4200 core, nothing special about it, just a very good core for overclocking according to Albatron. The heatsink is a copper composite, designed much larger than most Ti4200 and 4600 coolers, this baby should be able to keep your GPU cool at high core clocks. Using this cooler, we managed to hit 352MHz core - a very large overclock for a usually regular 250MHz TI4200 core.
Normally, Ti4200 cards are accommodated by T-SOP memory modules, and often, if the right latency is used, do not require memory cooling. Albatron threw this out the window using the Ti4600 PCB design which allows for the use of Tiny-BGA memory modules. Samsung 2.2ns modules are used, these are identical modules used on most Ti4600 and ATI Radeon 9700 video cards due to their ability for high clock speeds. Frequency wise, they are clocked at 550MHz default, overclocking tests hit 710MHz flat out, which is simply an amazing speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron Ti4200P Turbo - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron Ti4200P Turbo - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Albatron Ti4200P Turbo - Page 3 [Features]
- Albatron Ti4200P Turbo - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Synthetics]
- Albatron Ti4200P Turbo - Page 5 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Albatron Ti4200P Turbo - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Albatron Ti4200P Turbo - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung teases prototype 1.96-inch 4K LCD for VR HMDs
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning