I'm not too sure why I'm such a fan of the mITX platform, there's just something about being able to have that much power in a board that small which makes the whole platform really interesting. For that reason, when I saw the press release go out on the ASRock A75M-ITX, the first thing I thought was; I must have!
A few weeks later and the board had arrived in my hot little hands and it was time to see just what the board was capable of. As the name suggests, the board is of course a part of the A75 chipset which means it's part of the Fusion line-up from AMD.
While the initial Fusion product, Brazos was seen with a lot of mITX offerings, we always said that a bit more power would be appreciated. In steps the Llano platform; the problem with that was initially we didn't see any mITX boards that could carry the new crop of APUs from AMD. That's changed today, though, as we look at the A75M-ITX.
Before we look at the performance side of things, the first thing we need to do is check out the package to see what ASRock is offering us. Then we'll take a closer look at the motherboard before we get into the BIOS to see what's going on there. Once that's done, we'll look at our testbed before we also check out the overclocking capabilities of the board and of course the performance it's able to offer against another mITX board we've looked at recently.
Looking at the box, we've got a fairly typical setup from ASRock going on with the back of it giving us a good run down on not only the board itself, but all the features that are on offer from the ASRock which helps it stand out from the competition.
Inside the package itself we haven't got heaps going on with just all the regular items being seen, including a Quick Install Guide, Driver CD, I/O plate, 3.5mm AUX cable which we see in most ASRock boards along with a pair of SATA cables.
It's not a huge bundle, but it's not a huge board. We don't expect to get much with it and really, we've got everything we need to get up and running.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20