With the package out of the way, it's time to move onto the board itself and as you could see from the package and most likely expected, the Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 comes in that Red / Black theme that we've been seeing them use on all Fatal1ty boards. You can see some form of Fatal1ty is sprinkled on the heatsinks.
Diving in closer to the board, we can see the expansion slot setup we've got which consists of two Legacy PCI slots, two PCIe x1 slots and three PCIe x16 slots. In SLI or CrossFire Slot 1 and 2 will run at x8 each while the third slot is wired up to run only at x4.
Moving across to the bottom of the board, we've got our HD Audio header, Floppy connector, COM port, two USB 2.0 headers, 1394 Firewire header and our front panel header. Just above this to the right, you can see we've got both a power and reset button and above that is our LED Debug reader.
Turning the corner, we've got a total of ten SATA ports with the four black ones being SATA II and run off the Intel Z68 controller. The two red ports closest to the black ones also run off the Z68 chipset, but these are SATA III. The other four red ports are SATA III, but these run off the ASMedia ASM1061 controller. We can also see above another look at our power / reset button along with our LED Debug reader.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience