On the testbed side of things we have to cover the introduction of our new Corsair Force GT 240GB drives. These are SATA III drives and over the coming weeks our machines will be transitioning into the use of these drives. That means for the moment we may see some boards tested with our older Kingston 128GB SATA II drives and others with our new Corsair 240GB SATA III drives.
When it comes to testing, it's going to ultimately impact three tests only. PCMark 7, HD Tune Pro and AIDA64 HDD Read testing. For that reason you'll see in the graphs what type of hard drive was used, albeit SATA II or SATA III. Of course, we'll also make mention of it again in our comments. It's a big enough deal, though, that it of course had to be mentioned and it's going to have an impact on performance in HDD specific tests.
So with that out the way, let's get into the overclocking side of things. Getting into the BIOS and fiddling around with everything, we ended up with a 59x multiplier and a slight bump in our BCLK to 101.5.
As you can see above, this resulted in our 2600k coming in at 5076MHz or 5.08GHz as shown in our graphs today. This is a nice overclock and the main thing we like to see from boards is that we're able to go past that 5GHz mark. It should yield some strong performance and we'll see just how it went against some of our other Z68 based boards here - the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z and GIGABYTE G1.Sniper2.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni