On the testbed side of things we have to cover the introduction of our new Corsair Force GT 240GB drives. These are SATA III drives and over the coming weeks our machines will be transitioning into the use of these drives. That means for the moment we may see some boards tested with our older Kingston 128GB SATA II drives and others with our new Corsair 240GB SATA III drives.
When it comes to testing, it's going to ultimately impact three tests only. PCMark 7, HD Tune Pro and AIDA64 HDD Read testing. For that reason you'll see in the graphs what type of hard drive was used, albeit SATA II or SATA III. Of course, we'll also make mention of it again in our comments. It's a big enough deal, though, that it of course had to be mentioned and it's going to have an impact on performance in HDD specific tests.
So with that out the way, let's get into the overclocking side of things. Getting into the BIOS and fiddling around with everything, we ended up with a 59x multiplier and a slight bump in our BCLK to 101.5.
As you can see above, this resulted in our 2600k coming in at 5076MHz or 5.08GHz as shown in our graphs today. This is a nice overclock and the main thing we like to see from boards is that we're able to go past that 5GHz mark. It should yield some strong performance and we'll see just how it went against some of our other Z68 based boards here - the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z and GIGABYTE G1.Sniper2.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- Make the game you want to play with School of Game Design
- Lost in Space is coming back, with a 10-episode Netflix reboot
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card