The Motherboard Continued
Moving away from the bottom of the board and to the top half, you can see our four RAM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM ranging from 800MHz DDR to 2133MHz DDR. Around here we can also see a lot of our gold caps that really do stand out and look great.
Below our RAM slots you can see our main 24-Pin power connector and next to that we've got another header. In this case it's a USB 3.0 one and this position is becoming more and more popular as we see more companies opt for it here instead of across the bottom of the board which is already a very busy area.
Turning the corner again, we can see our 8-Pin CPU power connector along with our heatsink setup that surrounds the very clean looking CPU area. We again see the gold caps really stand out and they really do look great on the motherboard. Overall, the board does look really good and ASRock has done a great job with it.
Finally, we move over to the I/O side of things and starting from the left, we've got two USB 3.0 ports running off the ASMedia ASM1042 controller and above that a Gigabit network port running off the Broadcom BCM57781 controller. Connectivity on the board comes in the form of VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort.
Moving over again, we've got two USB 2.0 ports, combo eSATA / USB 2.0 port and a Firewire port. We've also got another set of USB 3.0 ports and network port running off the same controller and five analogue connectors and optical out running off the Realtek ALC892 codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blade and Soul getting new content after reaching 2 million players
- Buy Quantum Break get Alan Wake for free, because you always wanted it
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance