The Motherboard Continued
Moving away from the bottom of the board and to the top half, you can see our four RAM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM ranging from 800MHz DDR to 2133MHz DDR. Around here we can also see a lot of our gold caps that really do stand out and look great.
Below our RAM slots you can see our main 24-Pin power connector and next to that we've got another header. In this case it's a USB 3.0 one and this position is becoming more and more popular as we see more companies opt for it here instead of across the bottom of the board which is already a very busy area.
Turning the corner again, we can see our 8-Pin CPU power connector along with our heatsink setup that surrounds the very clean looking CPU area. We again see the gold caps really stand out and they really do look great on the motherboard. Overall, the board does look really good and ASRock has done a great job with it.
Finally, we move over to the I/O side of things and starting from the left, we've got two USB 3.0 ports running off the ASMedia ASM1042 controller and above that a Gigabit network port running off the Broadcom BCM57781 controller. Connectivity on the board comes in the form of VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort.
Moving over again, we've got two USB 2.0 ports, combo eSATA / USB 2.0 port and a Firewire port. We've also got another set of USB 3.0 ports and network port running off the same controller and five analogue connectors and optical out running off the Realtek ALC892 codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications