At $289.99 US, this is currently the most expensive ASRock Z68 board on NewEgg. On that same token, it's still a long way off the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z at $359.99 US and the GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7 at $349.99 US and to be honest, we'd expect it to be. We just don't tend to think of ASRock boards in that upper most price bracket.
Compared to those two boards, though, the ASRock falls only slightly in one area, maximum overclock. Both boards have been able to offer us higher MHz on our 2600k. Outside of that, the ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 ticks all the right boxes.
We've got a good overall performing board that is still happy to offer us an overclock of over 5GHz, a number no doubt that most users would probably like to achieve with their own 2600k. We've got a really good bundle on offer that gives us lots of extras. The overall look of the board is fantastic, depending on what you like; this could be the best looking Z68 board on the market with that Black / Gold color scheme that we're seeing.
The addition of the NF200 chip also means that if you want to move past to cards when it comes to video, it's a great option and overall the price is really strong coming in $60 - $70 US cheaper than the competitor boards.
The ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 is just a really good motherboard that also looks really good. With the Extreme7, they've managed to fix up the one thing that I feel has really been holding them back a bit. The overall look!
I can see this being a popular motherboard as it really does hit the mark in all those key areas. It's great to see ASRock finally move away from those boring designs and really start to offer us a high performance board that looks the goods.
The ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 is just a great motherboard that people are going to buy; there's not much more that really needs to be said about it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 confirmed for 2017, releasing with the new South Park
- Total War: Warmahmmer trailer shows off the majestic Empire campaign
- Ubisoft confirms no Assassin's Creed for 2016
- Need for Speed coming to PC in March, 4K and unlocked framerate
- Telsa's new 'Summon' feature parks, and retrieves your Model S vehicle
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance