Using the power of the ATI Radeon core, and having almost identical features to the Pro version, the Radeon 9700 standard is the perfect choice for those who can't afford the Pro version which comes in at about $100 US more.
With a little time, and four $1 ramsinks stuck onto the back of the 9700, without any problems you can run the same core and ram speed of the 9700 Pro. Imagine that, paying for a 9700 standard and getting obtaining 9700 Pro speeds. Core wise, you can overclock it to the same as the Pro, around 375-380Mhz, since it's the same core, just bios clocked slower. As for the memory, well that is another story - Since it is a higher latency type of chip; you will not get the same speeds as 2.2ns RAM on the Pro using 2.8ns on the standard 9700, all the same we managed 610Mhz out of the memory without ramsinks.
In all, the bundle is well thought out, with just one thing wrong with the card itself - no ramsinks on the back of the card. The only other problem is the latest 3.0 Catalyst drivers from ATI causing havoc, which ATI users should avoid at all costs at this point. Of course, this is beyond Gigabyte's hands, but it is one that you will want to consider when buying your new video card.
Cheaper than Pro version
Can clock to same core and memory speeds as Pro
AGP 8x ready
Cheaper then Ti4600 cards
Needs extra power connector
No ramsinks on back memory modules reduces (out of the box) overclocking
Rating: 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 3 [Features]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Synthetics]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20