The range of ATI based video cards are slowly but surely expanding into the consumer market. Sapphire has started mass production of its ATI line of cards, Hercules has moved over to ATI and even Creative Labs has a couple of Radeon based cards out in the field.
ATI's R300 core was revolutionised to be the best of the best. Designed on a 0.15um die for fastest clock speeds, along with the new FC-BGA connection for reduced heat, ATI set out to take the top 3D crown away from nVidia, which has been accomplished. However, with new drivers from ATI we have seen a decline in the effectiveness of the ATI Radeon 9xxx line, with compatibility issues and spyware claims in the mix. With this happening, it still hasn't diminished ATI's ability to take on the big boys.
Gigabyte, one relatively young player in the 3D market, has started to expand its video line. First basing their cards on nVidia chips, Gigabyte felt the market was is more of the ATI favour. Doing so, Gigabyte changed their entire line from nVidia over to ATI, hoping that the gamble would pay off; R300 gave ATI partners something to cheer about.
We have already seen the Maya II based on the 9700 Pro core. Today we see the GeForce 4 Ti 4400 equivalent in ATI's line-up, the 9700 standard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 3 [Features]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Synthetics]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel