On the performance side of things the Vapor-X OC version of the HD 6850 doesn't bring anything too new to the table that we haven't already seen before. That's not a bad thing, though, as the card here today continues to show us that the model is just a strong performing mid-range card.
The cooler on the card is of course the highlight due to the fact it's of course part of the Vapor-X series. It's a good cooler that performs well, it's not too loud and keeps our core at a good temperature.
For someone interested in a card that is going to play modern games at 1680 x 1050 with medium to high in game detail, this is a really nice option. You can see in some of our even more intensive games with in game settings maxed we still manage to get averages that sit around the mid 50 FPS point.
Of course, we're going to want just a little bit more to make sure everything is silky smooth, but just a small detail drop in some areas will bring up those numbers which is exactly what we like to see.
While we haven't seen the card up on NewEgg yet, no doubt it won't be far away and going off the track record of Sapphire, the price should come in at a good level. With some good mid-range performance, a cooler that does an excellent job of running quiet, while at the same time keeping our GPU cool, the Sapphire HD 6850 Vapor-X OC 1GB is going to be a good buy.
Throw in the fact that Sapphire have put together a really nice bundle, though, that includes some notable extras like Dirt 3 coupon, HDMI cable and mini DP to DP connector and you've just got a stand out offering that's no doubt going to get the attention of people.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve kicks off its stealth-themed Steam sale, with 64 games on sale
- Blizzard will show more from 'Overwatch' on Thursday
- Region coding removed from UltraHD Blu-ray spec
- We've seen it all - there are now SSD water blocks
- Black Ops 3 campaign lets you fast-forward right to the end
- Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%
- ASRock Fatal1ty x99x killer not booting up
- H97M - Gaming 3 stuck at "Entering setup
- Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Can't overclock i7-5775C
- Giada Brightens up GITEX 2015 with Ultimate Digital Signage Mini PCs and Server
- Shuttle Announces the XS35V5 and XS36V5 Small Form Factor Computers
- Lexar Also Announces Professional 3600x and 3500x CFast 2.0 Cards
- Lexar Introduces New Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 Card
- Lexar Also Announces the 128GB Variant of Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Card