At the moment we're going through these little phases with video cards; we get a couple in and then it dies down for a few weeks. Then a few more come in and it dies down a little bit again. The latest card to slide into the lab here comes from Sapphire and is an expansion of the Vapor-X series.
To be honest, I think it's going to quiet down a bit in the video card department due to the fact we should see the new Bulldozer platform launch next month from AMD and word is that AMD's next generation cards will come out this year, hopefully around Battlefield 3 time.
On the NVIDIA side of things we haven't seen much at all; the only card we've really seen lately that uses an NVIDIA based GPU is the ASUS MARS II. Of course, this isn't made by NVIDIA and is instead all ASUS. I'm not sure we're going to see much else from companies regarding NVIDIA GPUs in the meantime either, as it's all been a little quiet on the GTX 500 series front. No doubt time will tell, though, what companies are going to be doing.
Still, with that out the way, let's get into the card we have on our hands today, the Sapphire HD 6850 Vapor-X OC. First we'll start off looking at the package before we take a look at the card itself and check out the specifications on it including the overclock on offer. Once that's done, we'll check out the performance of the card and see how it stands up in our latest line-up of games before we wrap everything up.
Well, with that all said and done, let's get into the package.
Checking out the box, you can see that Sapphire is using the new Vapor-X package that we saw on one of their earlier Vapor-X cards. We won't go into too much more detail as you can really see everything from the pictures above.
Moving inside the package, we've got our Sapphire Select Club voucher which gives us an access key, a quick installation guide, driver CD and Dirt 3 Coupon that is used to get the game via STEAM. On the cable front we've got a full sized HDMI cable, mini DP to DP convertor, two Molex to 6-Pin PCIe connectors, DVI to VGA connector and a CrossFire cable. This is actually quite a healthy package, especially considering the HD 6850 of course isn't part of the highest series from AMD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015