The OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2
Here we get our first look at a full retail OCZ RevoDrive 3 X3. A heatsink covers the VCA 2.0 controller and the SandForce SF-2281 controllers are broken into two groups. A set of SSD controllers are located on the main card with the accompanying flash and a second set are on the daughterboard.
The card itself uses a PCIe 2.0 4-lane connector that fits in your motherboard.
Each SandForce controller gets sixteen 8GB asynchronous flash chips. The best comparison we can give is four 120GB Agility 3 drives running on a software RAID controller. Just this RAID controller has special magic for TRIM and SMART data .and fits in a single PCIe slot. It's also the coolest looking SSD we'll likely see all year.
Micron flash was used and there are a total of 64 individual flash chips total.
Looking at the card from the side, it reminds me of an old ISA modem I used to have.
The RevoDrive 3 can actually move 56K of data faster than you can think AOL. I did find this sticker interesting. When the drive is installed in most computer cases the sticker is upside down.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel