On the testbed side of things there's nothing out of the ordinary, so we won't really get into that. Instead, you can see all the main information above. We'll now just get into the overclocking side of things to see how we went with the board.
The first thing we want to cover is the little OC button at the back of the I/O panel. On our 2600k, when we were in Windows that instantly pushed our CPU from a default clock of 3.4GHz to 4.2GHz. It's a really easy process and an 800MHz boost with a bush of a button is always appreciated.
There doesn't seem to be anything scientific to the whole method with it just instantly happening via a change to the multiplier, but again it's not something we're going to complain about and if you're a gamer, it's nice to know that at a push of a button you can get a bit more breathing room on your whole rig.
As for getting into the BIOS and getting a bit down and dirty, after a bit of mucking around and playing with voltages we finally ended up with our 2600k running at a 51x multiplier.
As you can see from the above image, that resulted in a final clock speed of 5114MHz or 5.11GHz as represented in our graphs.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo, rocks 10 TFLOPs
- NVIDIA confirms the GeForce GTX 1080 cooler, kinda
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini