Gigabyte has been in PC peripherals now since April 1986. Since that time, they have launched countless motherboards, server and workstation units, networking products and just recently, branched out into the 3D video card sector.
Gigabyte started its video cards in the early GeForce3 stages, designing their 3D cards around the original GeForce3 video card. Gigabyte soon withdrew from the 3D section until the release some time later of their Radeon 8000 and 8500 series cards. These cards took off with quite a bit of success in performance, overclocking and price. Being cheaper than nVidia based GeForce3 video cards and with performance equalling the Ti200 GF3, ATI and Gigabyte were in with a success.
Now that ATI has taken the lead away from nVidia in the 3D performance section with the new 9xxx series GPU and VPU's, Gigabyte has stuck to the ATI line. We recently took a close look at the 9700 Pro, Gigabyte's top dog in their 3D line-up, and the Radeon 9000 Pro, the ultimate in budget 3D. Today we are looking at the Middle of the 3D pack, the Radeon 9500 based Maya 2 card from Gigabyte.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Synthetics]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio