Gigabyte has been in PC peripherals now since April 1986. Since that time, they have launched countless motherboards, server and workstation units, networking products and just recently, branched out into the 3D video card sector.
Gigabyte started its video cards in the early GeForce3 stages, designing their 3D cards around the original GeForce3 video card. Gigabyte soon withdrew from the 3D section until the release some time later of their Radeon 8000 and 8500 series cards. These cards took off with quite a bit of success in performance, overclocking and price. Being cheaper than nVidia based GeForce3 video cards and with performance equalling the Ti200 GF3, ATI and Gigabyte were in with a success.
Now that ATI has taken the lead away from nVidia in the 3D performance section with the new 9xxx series GPU and VPU's, Gigabyte has stuck to the ATI line. We recently took a close look at the 9700 Pro, Gigabyte's top dog in their 3D line-up, and the Radeon 9000 Pro, the ultimate in budget 3D. Today we are looking at the Middle of the 3D pack, the Radeon 9500 based Maya 2 card from Gigabyte.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Synthetics]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Quest Builders FREE demo now available for users
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now