Over the recent months I've expanded the categories I look after here at TweakTown, but nothing brings me nerd chills like a good graphics card. The problem? This isn't a good graphics card; it's not even a great one. It's simply put; the best graphics card on the market.
Look, it's going to cost an arm and a leg, and probably a little bit of your foot; but, it's the fastest single video card on the market, it's a limited edition model, and my god, it looks and feels unreal. To say this card is a beast just seems like an understatement.
It's what we had hoped the GTX 590 would be. It's what NVIDIA probably wanted the GTX 590 to be. It's just awesome. I really struggle to find words on just how good this card is and I think, again, it's due to the quality of the card. We've seen fast cards, but the quality behind the MARS II is just second to none and I wish and hope you have the chance to experience it. It doesn't matter if you're the biggest AMD fanboy in the world, you pick up the MARS II and it's just an engineering masterpiece.
The quality of the card is just the one thing that I can't get over. The cooler and build quality is just so far above every other card we've used. There's real weight to the card and real power behind it. You then turn it on and start to play a game and find yourself wondering if the fans working because it's so quiet.
The Lightning cards from MSI are on another level to so many others. The same goes for the MATRIX from ASUS. The MARS II is just a level above them, though, and you can understand why there's going to be a large price tag associated with the card. For so many people it's going to be out of reach. For others, they will simply go down the path of buying two GTX 580s and running them in SLI. GTX 580 SLI while maybe offering similar performance, though, just has nothing on this card, because the MARS II creates a different atmosphere with in your case, with in our testbed, with in our office.
I feel like a 14 year old girl who's just touched Justin Biebers hand. This much power, at this ridiculously low noise level just makes you feel all giddy inside. The MARS II just makes such a big statement to other companies and for the most part it says "Oh, you can put a fancy cooler on a reference card? That's nice .I'm sure your grandmother would like that card".
The MARS II is just a work of art. It's the nerdy version of the Mona Lisa; and we love it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Nioh is finalized and ready for production
- Halo 6 might be finished as Project Scorpio launch game
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99