Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
It seems the fan shipped with the Hyper 612 may be silent at low speeds, but as our testing goes we disable the PWM feature and manually set the fans voltage. Without the temperature rising being able to add more speed, this cooler really just doesn't do so well. For those leaving the PWM feature intact, you may see more efficient results here, but to be fair to the rest of the coolers, we must keep our standards in testing intact.
Applying 12V to the fan and allowing the TEC to do its business, the efficiency of the Hyper 612 PWM gets a bit better. I can see now why they supply the hardware for the second fan. In my opinion, this cooler needs a better fan to begin with and definitely can use the second fan to help out this mediocre result.
When it comes to the noise levels of the fan, in our lower end of the testing the Hyper 612 does a good job and is well into the top third of the chart. I hate that I am actually about to say this, but for the size of this cooler, I need better results. Bring on the noise!
I was surprised to see how little the noise levels moved from our idle voltages to our loaded voltages. While it is somewhat quiet, again the performance is lacking due to this factor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler Master Hyper 612 PWM CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA publishes a stunning 4K video of the Space Station
- Google's total cost to manufacture the Pixel XL is $285
- Tesla reports a profit for the first time in three years
- Jump into programming with 4 top Java courses
- Apple delays AirPods, says they 'aren't ready'
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software